View Single Post
Old 09.22.2016, 10:24 AM   #5
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mil_pl
Oh fuck, I guess I don't like it at all. The Rosetta track published previously on Blank Editions was way way better, and far more interesting.

I like the song! I wasn't expecting the big thump and guitar swirls when that intro was playing. Nice kick in the ass. And the change up at the 6:00 mark has a pretty classic SY sound to it. Of course, compared to what it would sound like with a Sonic Youth rhythm section and accompanying guitar line from Lee, it sounds a bit ham-fisted.

But there's no point in wishing it was an SY song played by SY. It's not, but for what it is — a Thurston Moore (Band?) song with a nice scope and some seriously heavy rawk type stuff — it's pretty awesome.

I haven't heard the version you're talking about. Can you post a link?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|