View Single Post
Old 02.10.2012, 03:08 AM   #15412
HenryHill51
little trouble girl

HenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Haha, there's always a back and forth of replies whenever LHoDES gets mentioned here. I definitely don't hate it and I always end up saying I should watch it again - it's been ages since I last saw it on an nth generation pirate VHS copy, so I hardly gave it the best of chances.

Noisereductions, Atsonic and Dr Felix are more able to recommend Horror movies from that era than I am but I doubt you'll find that many quite like LHoDEs.

I appreciate this movie for what it was- basically an independent 'horror' film that gained true cult status due to its behind the scenes rumblings. It's a perfect example of 70' grindhouse cinema, as well. The book "Sleazoid Express" (which is a must have for any exploitation/grindhouse fan) spends quite a few pages on "Last House On Dead End Street" debunking alot of the myths about its director and detailing the various trials and tribulations of the film receiving home video distribution. Watch it along with Gaspar Noe's "I Stand Alone" for true nihilisic cinema!
HenryHill51 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|