View Single Post
Old 02.07.2012, 09:21 AM   #15408
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
watched Last House on Dead End Street.... brutal, difficult to watch ( I have a soft stomach... I could barely handle the scene with the woman tied to the bed at the end..), ultimately deranged. Not my kind of film, really. However, I was able to appreciate it as a horror film and I think it accomplished what it was going for. Watkins apparently directed it as well... which wasn't known until decades after it was released from what I hear. I guess most seem to dislike the film too... which is reasonable. As a whole it's sort of average... has it's dull moments that kind of drag. Just a genuinely creepy, fucked up, mean spirited, unsettling film! not sure if I'll be rewatching it anytime soon...

There seems to be a real cult surrounding that film in here. Atsonicpark is a big fan, I think, and quite a few others have said they like it, too. I have to admit to being in the dislike camp, though. I just can't get beyond all the dull stretches. And while I have to assume a large factor behind its following is due to its supposed notoriety, I can't remember anything in it that was especially controversial - at least compared with a lot of other horror movies at that time. My overall memory was just of being really underwhelmed and quite bored by the whole thing.

Unlike ...

King Kong

A thousand million times better than Peter Jackson's version and about a thousand billion times better than the 70s one. There's a whole angle about how the remakes are better because they placed a far greater emphasis on the underlying love story. They did but it's still in the original, it just accepts the audience can see it unfolding without the need to wack them over the head with constant reminders.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|