View Single Post
Old 03.13.2015, 07:51 AM   #77
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
I wasn't to impressed with the Viet Cong album. I'd heard a lot of good things and at the end of it it was just "meh".

Really? I didn't think I was going to give much of a shit, considering how much I loved Women, and how VC was pretty much into initially marketed as a consolation prize for fans of the band that should have probably picked up Sonic Youth's mantle.

But when the EP hit, I heard it before I knew it was (clever way of circumventing your own biases) and heard in in the record store. Sounded raw and fucked and glorious. The album really delivered for me, and I feel like it's possible that VC could have a long and fruitful career, making music that's just different enough from what Women were into to justify the group's existence.

Still, I would rather Women reunited... But overall, not a bad consolation prize. So far the best rock-type-album of 2015.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|