View Single Post
Old 03.25.2014, 07:19 PM   #5
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
@SuchFriends: regarding your pm, Killah Priest put out an excellent album, and it was in my hip hop top ten. But because hip hop dominated the year for me, I had to consider that I had a rap bias while compiling this list. As you can see, I staggered my top hop hop albums (Yeezus, 12 reasons, LONG.LIVE.A$AP, Indigoism, Killah Priest, Boldy James, Black Milk's No Poison No Paradise, and MNIMN) throughout the list, rather than filling the top 29 with them.

I also left off the straight mixtape shit (like Doley Bernays, and Tree) because they're not albums. And I also had to consider how much of the album I listened to straight through. One thing about Psychic World is that it sounds better to me on shuffle, and I rarely listen to the whole thing. And as good as it was, it didn't receive more play from me than the albums above it.

Still a goddamn genius album, with (you're right) some of the most insightful and poetic songs released by a street-bred emcee in eons. I wish there were more Wu guest spots, but perhaps they aren't as involved with the work of their meet "affiliates."

I need some new hip hop this year. So far, aside from the obvious MADLIB and Freddie Gibbs, Schoolboy Q, Mastermind, etc. but I really need to know what Underachievers are up to, and stay vigilant about newer shit.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|