View Single Post
Old 03.30.2008, 03:52 PM   #7
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxequalsrad
every album ever except like Loveless and Pet Sounds is in stereo. Unless the band wanted a mono sound.

I'm not sure what the technical definition of "stereo" is, but what I think he's talking about is the effect where you hear distinctly different parts in the left speaker vs. the right. If you listen to the beginning of 100% with the left speaker only and then the right speaker only, you will hear two very different things. That's not true with all music.

When you make a record, I'm pretty sure you can choose the left/right balance for each track. Maybe on Dirty they put more of the tracks on extreme left or right, instead of the middle. Of course, I'm speaking in non-technical terms, since I'm not a recording engineer.