View Single Post
Old 05.05.2008, 03:50 PM   #50
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
I think distinctions should be made between "MASTERPIECES" such as DDN, Washing Machine or Sister or blah
and "COOL " SY LPs such as Sonic Nurse, Murray Street , and EJSTANS, in fact.
True it lacks any EPIC moments, but that's not what it's about
I think the forthcoming biog / book about SY will tell that they wanted to break from accusations of selling out (which i think are stupid as I personnaly LOVE EACH release for its inner qualities (DIRTY is not pretty but it's MASSIVE; GOO is not EPIC but it's SINGULAR and quite radical imo)

So i don't need to reassess this album, it's cool and pretty, filled with melodic finds and aerial moments, I really LIKE this album VERY MUCH.

Another point is it's very akin to the Pavement sound i like or even Sebadoh at times. I like the fact that it could be considered as a meeting point especially in 1993/1994, epitome of that indie sound i cherish, golden era.

+

Kegmama once sent me a vinyl copy (are they all blue vinyl or...?)of this very LP, which happily sits on my shelf ;That made my day at the time, thx again;
love the artwork, very Pavement -ish too

nuff said
yes i used capitals