View Single Post
Old 06.28.2017, 02:20 PM   #337
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I had some cool Marvel/DC figures as a kid too. I remember a pretty badass Daredevil. And def Batman stuff. That 89 movie was huge - HUGE - for me.

But def GI Joe and TMNT were my biggest collections. TMNT for the win. I wish I still had that stuff. I had some crazy ones like Mondo Gecko. I even had Krang's body!

I'm still a nerd, so I still pick up some figures. BUT, totally on the cheap. I'm not a collector by any means. I think every figure I have (which is not a lot) have come from yard sales. And I've never spent over $5 for one.

This conversation is making me want to look up GI Joes though. But I know that's a bad rabbit hole to go down.

You ever see the GI Joe movie? Not the new live action stuff, I mean the animated movie from the 80's. It was awesome.

Also also on the subject (and since I'm just rambling now) I don't know if you guys know about the "Hasbroverse"? In the IDW comics for a while now there's been a Hasbroverse which was established in Revolution and continued through Revolutionaries, and now First Strike, etc... so basically GI Joe, Transformers, MASK, ROM... these franchises have crossed over and now are part of the same shared universe. I don't really know much about MASK or ROM or whatever. But the GI Joe x Transformers stuff is actually pretty cool. I'd actually think that THAT would make a neat movie.

I know I really went off on a tangent there. But if any of this interests you in the least, check out Revolution which was only five issues.