View Single Post
Old 12.19.2012, 12:32 AM   #147
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
While I will definitely acknowledge the general statement that most/many live albums feature after-the-fact processing, there are certainly some that don't. Dare I say many, though I suppose it starts to depend on what you consider a "live album" (is "Hold That Tiger" a live album or just a bootleg?).

I'm sure other editing was done to make this show a more concise and marketable product (and thankfully they didn't opt to cut any songs!). For example, I believe the "Into the Groove" tape goes on for a good two minutes during the actual show, but unless they just left it off the vinyl (haven't heard the mp3 yet), it was trimmed down for obvious reasons.

The "Love Her" case is just odd (to me) because I can't imagine the original vocal being that bad that Thurston (or whomever) legitimately said "this can't go out like that". Perhaps it was another situation entirely.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|