View Single Post
Old 02.16.2010, 05:59 PM   #56
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
That's actually pretty accurate to my opinion. I in no way dislike the melvins, but "sexless", or soulless, has always been my problem with them. Sadly, their cover of Kiss's "Blind" is my most listened track by them.

it's their very sexlessness that i find appealing.

what i like about them as that for such simplisitic music they are surprisingly difficult to appreciate, i spent years with the opinion "yeah they're ok but who would want to actual listen to one of their albums", but now i find them preferable to stuff like nirvana or aic that ive heard a million times already.

they took a new direction each album and i can appreciate their tirelessness in looking for new ways to invigorate the same sound. and it's actually really good when it hits.

as for dynamics, they have this underwater murk that i can totally see why people find off putting because it is quite difficult to tune into. it's only really on the last 2 albums that they've nailed any kind of clarity.

but i prefer the houdini sound.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|