View Single Post
Old 04.13.2009, 09:26 PM   #26
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
DJ Rick is right on. In my opinion, this band who hasn't made a listenable song since "Breakthrough", and I'd much rather focus on the overwhelming amount of amazing new music being released every day rather than mourn the loss of Modest Mouse -- the undisputed queens of forgettable Pixies-worship alternative rock. We might as well start having some Toadies and Nada Surf threads going on! Haha... hah.

Actually, speaking of Toadies... I COME FROM THE WATER! I COME!!!!!!!!!! I COME FROM THE WAT-ER!!! Man, that album was awesome. Fucking "Rubberneck". The one they released after that one kinda sucked except for the first one but damn "Rubberneck". Maybe we SHOULD start a Toadies thread. No?... okay.

But in all seriousness... Most bands who achieve some level of success seem to start becoming shitty afterwards, so it was inevitable they'd eventually be unlistenable garbage. Those old albums are still available if you want to break them out (and I gotta say, Lonesome Crowded West .. while overlong .. is a pretty nice record), but we might as well face the facts... they're just going to get worse from here. Which should be funny, if nothing else. Didn't the lead singer stop drinking? And they became shitty afterwards? Let this be a lesson: Keep drinking.

...not really. I hate alcohol. Almost as much as I hate Moderate-Rock Mouse's new stuff.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|