View Single Post
Old 09.01.2014, 07:09 PM   #28
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I'd rank it above Bleach, and I have definitely delved into it. But the band can't be judged based on that album. Sonically it's an outlier. That's all I'm saying. If Courtney love had died in 94 she'd be a hero.

To be sure, I didn't myself rank it higher than Bleach at all, but I was noting that in its own time, the Hole record was better received. Obviously Nevermind came out shortly thereafter that same year as Pretty On the Inside and people well, forgot about it entirely

Quote:
She chose to live and let herself become a villain.

I don't think she chose that, I think she was born that way, indeed can we call it destiny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Yup. Same. I think Nirvana were great for a number of reasons, but the artists they exposed me to are worth more to me in the long term.

While Nirvana certainly introduced me to a lot of other bands, mainly Sonic Youth, I still think even if its out of the sheer nostalgia that Nirvana will also be worth more to me than almost any other band. I mean, literally, Nirvana taught me how to play the guitar yo, and THAT is a huge part of my life. Nirvana was the first band to really make me passionate about listening to, writing, and performing music. In that regard they are truly the Beatles of our generation, all the bands from the mid-to-late 1960s and early 70s cite the Beatles as the major influence in starting up in music. For me Nirvana is that band, whether it was inspiring the sound of my music or just motivating me to say, "Wait, I CAN do that too!"

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|