Thread: the other news
View Single Post
Old 05.25.2019, 04:34 PM   #493
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
I'd actually read the times if it wasn't behind a pay wall. Hell'll freeze over the day I give Murdoch any of my money.
funny thing about murdoch is he has fingers in many pies. and every pie is different.

when you watched the simpsons you made murdoch rich. sunny? murdoch. sons of anarchy? murdoch. fargo? justified? the americans? archer? all murdoch.

mulder’s basement room, eh? the cigarette smoking man is murdoch.

fox news horror on one hand, fox searchlight indie movies on the other. complete opposites.

i actually pay for a subscription to barron’s and marketwatch which are owned by... yep, murdoch (via dowjones). will cancel soon as i no longer have time to read them (i prefer bloomberg these days) but those are good publications.

on and off i have flirted with subscriptions to the wall street journal: excellent paper, fair, balanced, reasonable. and yes right of center but not shameless propaganda like fox news. owner? murdoch, lol.

fox soccer/fox sports where ive watched bundesliga for a decade (ok, maybe less)... murdoch. yep.

the way i rationalize my purchases is i need their info more than he needs my money. my marginal contribution to him is insignificant, his marginal contribution to me is more significant. and so, seeing as how i marginally profit more than him from the transaction, i pay.

and some of the media he owns is really good. so, take into account the support of these valuable journalists and tv producers and filmmakers for the good work they do. plus a small cut for the bastard—satan gets his due. it helps to spit on the floor when you enter your cc info.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|