View Single Post
Old 05.28.2015, 12:37 PM   #897
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone have thoughts to share on Jukebox Joints? I'm still a little thrown by Kanye's verse. Usually, when he drops a guest verse or lends production to another rapper's album, his cut is THE cut. Like on Mastermind, Honest and Cherry Bomb. But while I do like the song, that verse sounds like it was cut in the first take, and at least half improvised. It's not my choice for prime cut on ALLA, in fact it sounds a little disjointed.

That may have been the point, though. Making a song that sounds like four different songs, selected on jukebox somewhere in Detroit where shit hasn't been updated since the mid '90s. Still, I was really looking forward to it and I'm ever so slightly... let down.. Kinda.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|