View Single Post
Old 11.20.2014, 03:04 PM   #1392
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
J. Cole is passable. I can listen to him without getting pissed off about his music, but I never think, "Man, I could go for some J. Cole right about now!"

I don't think he's a particularly skilled rapper. I think he has an inflated ego, and I think he talks big, but so far he's done *zip* to back it up.

There's no point in hoping he'll get better. Most great hip-hop artists are unique and distinctly talented from day 1. Case in point: uhhh... Reasonable Doubt, Illmatic, good kid, MAAD city, The College Dropout, 36 Chambers, Ready to Die, and pretty much every debut album by every great artist.

J. Cole might make good record some day, provided he has enough producers and beat-makers and DJ's around to make his very ordinary flow sound special. But I think he's already forged his path, and it's one of slightly above-average but still pretty mediocre rap music that will one day populate the bargain bins.

And I don't think he's in Drake's shadow. I think Drake has gone off the deep end, and decided he'd rather be a giant douche playa-playa hand sign throwin' phony nerd ass bitch than an actual leader of the hip-hop community. He is the most annoying figure in rap, and I'm so sick of seeing his name on everyone's "featuring..." lists, and reading about him in at least 2-3 articles a day that I am starting to feel hatred for his actual music in addition his face, his haircut, his falsetto, his free-throws and his shameless corporate shill activities.

Yeah I'm BITTER today. Please don't insinuate that Kebdrick and Drake cast the same shadow. J. Cole is in Jigga's shadow, and he was supposed to have stolen HOV's crown by now. Oh wait, so was drake! Fuck em. Kendrick eats them alive. Kendrick, Rocky, Push, AK & Issa... These are the ninjas to watch. Drake is a guilty pleasure waiting to happen, and I want to step on his stupid face.

I still think "Tuesday" is catchy as hell, and I still like Nothing Was the Same, but man is that boy a bitch.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|