View Single Post
Old 11.25.2011, 02:27 AM   #36
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
interestingly, I saw a report on BBC World which was suggesting the same kind of problem in mainstream music as a whole, with the market being dominated by nothing but "heritage" groups that have been holding it down for decades. I adore most of these still playing heritage groups, and SY is definitely in that category after three continuous decades, however young artists are unable to get the kind of airplay, media coverage, and touring support because all the OGs are still running the game..

however Kurt was right..

"this is to all the dinosaurs out there, who will die, and then we will move into their homes.."

I think itīs not reasonable to blame artists and companies about that situation. Itīs the people who want those heritage artists. If nobody bought their records or went into their gigs, there would been soon support from the companies to the new artists. I think people wants those heritage artists, because this world is these days quite uncertain and people want to listen something safe, not fresh and renewed music.

Parodoxically most of my favourite artists are also "the old ones" (only one album Iīve bought this year is made by artist who started 2000-decade). But my reason is not that I want safe music. Itīs just that Iīve heard so much music that itīs hard to find anything nobody has ever made (of course I know itīs very rare anybody make something completely new in popular music, but I mean unique, personal mix of older elements). Of course I know somebody new is still making great music, but there is also new music in this world so much that itīs hard to find the great ones (anything that Iīve heard for example here in SYG hasnīt touched me, of course Iīve not heard all that is recommended). When some of my favourite old artists still make fresh, great music, why donīt I listen them instead trying to find new artists? To me itīs quite the same, is artist new or old. And I have also record-collector nature, so if the old artist could offer me new fresh records, I want to collect all his records.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|