View Single Post
Old 03.13.2007, 02:44 PM   #1
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Why are so many "musicians" letting go of the things that make good music?

Let me elaborate. Last Sunday, out of an obligation I made because I kept putting it off and wanted to not hurt anybody's feelings, I played guitar at some friends' house. Two of the guys there were drummers and they kept switching off. Neither one of them were good. Not trying to be mean; they would tell you the same thing. But there is a definate reason behind why they were no good. Not because a lack of experience; each of them had played for about 4 years. The problem, from what I could tell, is they had no appriciation for good music. They kept trying to impress each other with their double-bass "skills", giving no heed to perfecting ALL of the OTHER pieces of a drum set. I guess as long as you can hit 2 pedals really fast, who cars about the rest?

(Note: This is an incomplete thought. It may not make a lot of sense or stay on topic, but I had to get it off my chest, cause that crap just bugs me.)
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|