View Single Post
Old 05.16.2013, 05:24 AM   #25
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
the problem I think I'm going to have is the fact that here in australia djs are very much limited stylistically, ie they're confined to a single genre, which is something that I just could not do, likely because of a lack of deep knowledge in regards to a particular genre. I definitely think that if it can be pulled off (which I must say you did pretty fucking well in that mix, syrfox) then it works so well, and probably better than anything else, but, and this is just a personal proclivity, I often enjoy djs who really make people work, whether that be through long pauses, playing really abrasive or undanceable music or just switching genre with excessive pace, and the problem I think I would have is that you would have to have a certain level of reputation so as to be what is essentially a brazen arsehole. a rookie doing that would find it nigh on impossible to get bookings, I'd assume.

very jealous re: shackleton et al, have always wanted to catch him as he's an all-time favourite of mine but I was like 15 when he came out here so I couldn't go.

I saw ben klock with derrick may a couple of weeks back, it was just an unrelenting barrage of sound and there comes that point where you reach a state of complete immunity to its brutality, it's just beautiful. I had a similar feeling when I saw actress in march, certainly one of the better shows I've seen, electronic or otherwise.

yeah, fact does seem to be on a downhill slide, the only mixes to really catch my attention recently have been untold, lee gamble and holly herndon, the rest have seemed to be pretty pedestrian.

and floatingslowly, dude, 1050 times? seriously? shit.
guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|