View Single Post
Old 04.27.2006, 11:35 PM   #4
John Violence
the end of the ugly

John Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i love good thrash!!!!!

boy if i have some stuff for you to check out:

-check out early voivod like rrroooaaarrr, that album rules!!!!
-anthrax, especially among the living.
-sodom's persecution mania
-early kreator!!!!
-dark angel's darkness descends, that's the fastest thrash album without using blastbeats a la death metal or grindcore, such an intense album
-coroner's mental vortex
-if you can bear a lot of reverb on the production of an album, get possessed's classic 7 churches
-crossover punk/metal like d.r.i. (dealin' with it, dirty rotten lp), corrosion of conformity (eye for an eye, animosity), cro-mags (age of quarrel, which you can download from their website), prong (primitive origins which i like a lot but most people don't like it because they compare it to the latter stuff they did), die kreuzen (s/t and october file) is the basis if not already speed metal/thrash
-SLAYER SLAYER SLAYER!!! (if you haven't already)
-some people like death angel but i really don't. same with overkill
-early testament has it's moments
-SEPULTURA!!!!!! (beaneath the remains and arise are the basic thrash ones)
-s.o.d.'s ultra offenssive hardcore/metal masterpiece speak english or die
-if you lean towards the european blackened sound, then the basics are venom's first three, bathory's first three and (controversially) both original mercyful fate albums
-suicidal tendencies' join the army (again, punk/metal crossover)
-hellhammer, the band that spawned celtic frost.
-more crossover punk/metal but more on the crusty side of punk: amebix's arise! and nausea's the punk terrorist anthology vol. 1

Thanks man. I already have Slayer, Anthrax, and Hellhammer covered but most of the rest I haven't checked out before.
John Violence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|