View Single Post
Old 09.25.2010, 05:39 PM   #24
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
I would no doubt have heard of him sooner if I was black and living in a ghetto in the US. Unfortunately I'm white and living in a leafy suburb of Middle England.

Dude is from Chicago. Chicago musicians were notorious for appealing to white + black, rich + poor audiences at large. From the blues of Muddy Waters + Buddy Guy, to the funkier vibes of Curtis M.

And reality is, if you go into American ghettos these days you'll be hard pressed to find many people that listen to Curtis, or even funk period. Almost never will you find anyone that listens to blues. So yes, I'm saying at this day in age that mostly (certainly not only) middle class white people are listening to Curtis. Black America is notorious (that word, again) for consistently being "progressive" when it comes to music. It's been that way since their arrival. It's not that they (generally) have a lack of appreciation for older stuff...it's just that they are always wanting something new. Turn on hip hop radio, they aren't playing the same stuff they were as little as three weeks ago. To where most rock stations are playing the same shit they were 25 years ago.

Research a little more before spreading even more ignorant posts like AIDS. You almost never seem to know anything even about the topics you yourself start.