View Single Post
Old 02.09.2016, 07:38 PM   #47764
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
soooo weird you brought this up. I listened to it YESTERDAY for no real reason. Never heard them before yesterday. But I randomly gave it a go. And I liked it. But what's weird is I specifically thought "I think sev would like this. I should mention it to him."

Aww. you got my number man.
I don't love all the songs (some of them have that half baked feel that I didn't like about Deerhunter's Fading Frontier) but some of the songs are very good. The first track has that nice "rolling" kind of feel to it, plenty of momentum... love that. Then there's that song that sounds exactly like a Kim Gordon-sung Evol-era track.

Oddly, it reminds me a bit of the Cure, a bit of Built to Spill, and a bit of Nirvana (just in the kind of sneering bite of the lyrics, if not the actual singing.. Had a bit of Cobain in it).

I like DIIV. I liked them when they were called Dive. They're not outrageously inventive, but they're solid and they kick the ever loving shit out of Real Estate.

God I hate Real Estate. The industry as well as the band. When they got popular for remodeling REM for bored millennials, the bell really started to toll for indie rock.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|