View Single Post
Old 10.01.2009, 02:08 PM   #35
mysonichaircut
children of satan

mysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
I have to beg to differ and agree with rappard, i would call the above recordings, "good"... you must consider other things than just the most pristine quality recordings made on the most hi-end of equipment, it will ultimately dissappoint you as once you feel you've heard the so-called perfect "live" record there will be another and then another and another and so on... imo, there is no such thing as an ultra perfect pristine live recording i don't care who its by.

There is something especially charming about hearing those live 80's recordings of SY, those listed above are some of the best recordings of the band and disputedly some of the best out of any "indie/underground" band of that time. I like the mystery of a non perfectly sounding live recording to a certain degree (of course!).

as i said, they are charming. all i said is: i wish they would ad a live recording with a better quality, using the best recording-method. i didnt say, you or rappard whish that. :-) do you know how they record classical music? they dont take it direct from the instrument, but from the audience - but from 100 different points in the room, and then mix it. they have a milky-way of microphones above their heads, so they catch the atmosphere. thats what you should do with sonic youth. i hate it, when they take it direct from the output, audience is better for the atmosphere - but i hate the audience for beeing only one "point of view". so, mixing many professional audience-takes with a little direct-sound, thats what i am dreaming of. as grateful dead did in the 70, and that was never reached again - in case of sound-quality.
mysonichaircut is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|