Thread: The Clash
View Single Post
Old 12.13.2006, 12:46 AM   #26
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
There is so much raw fury on that first one. Fuck I fough the Law. The Police and Theives cover took some balls. Janie Jones is a lengendary rock figure. Career Oppertunities? I must have sung that while looking through the help wanted section a billion times. Easily one of the best (and best sounding) bits of agit-prop the era produced.

Listen to the Sandinista version of Career as see how they had become a totally different band. When we're talking about the PUNK band The Clash, there's only the debut. Everything else seems like an experimental stab at everything BUT punk music, with widly variying results. Admit it: you skip a few tracks on London and especially Sandinista. Personally, I skip damn near all of them.

Hardly. I listen to Sandanista from start to finish. I think it's one of the best rock albums ever put to wax.

Mind, I do love the first one, but I'm glad they didn't just do it over and over. They were too good for that. Though I don't like how they ended up of course. Sort of like Bowie, too much cocaine and then you have to do a total pop album to pay for it all, and then everything after that is complete shit.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|