View Single Post
Old 02.14.2013, 04:43 PM   #78
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
no, i didn't say that. you're saying that it's still beautiful if it's a complete fraud. but just because there is fraud it doesn't mean it's all a complete fraud. what you're saying is that you enjoy theatre and that there is no competition-- but that's not sports.

I didn't say it was always a complete fraud, not at all, I said that even if it were we could still appreciate the athleticism of it. Again, look at TV Wrestling. Are those dudes NOT athletes? Fucking shit 300LB beef-cakes "throwing" each other around with the precision of Gabby Douglass or The Nutcracker.

In sports of course there is competition, but I think in light of doping and match-fixing we should temper our expectations of just how much of every minute and play of every single game is honest. If that ruins it for people, fuck it, but I'm just the whistle-blower here, not the bad guy. Lance Armstrong is the bad guy. Sepp Blatter is the nemesis.Tim Donaghy is the villain. Bill Bellichek is the problem. And I haven't even brought up Mark McGwire or Barry Bonds yo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|