View Single Post
Old 02.13.2007, 07:07 PM   #4
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Bragod - Kaingk is the first thing that springs to mind. It's medieval Welsh poetry set to tunes made on the Crwth, a faint (medieval) descendent of the Lyre. That'll probably be a total dick to get from the States, mind you.

If you haven't got it already, I can only heartily recommend the Conet Number Stations boxset.

Anything by the Bhundu Boys fulfills your criteria. And is also better than anything else made on the guitar.

And, in spite of being a teensy-weensy bit indie, I would heartily recommend you buy anything by Datblygu, who are a Welsh band. If you can get Wyau/ Pyst/ Libertina 3CD boxset, it's a better indie album than anyone else ever made. In fact, it's three brilliant albums by one band. Can't ask for fairer than that.

Oh, and if you can find the 1940s British Jazz compilations Homemade Jam 1 & 2, they're both mighty fine.

Otherwise, I'd recommend Haco's Bugscope and the Thai Elephant Orchestra. I'll come back with more tomorrow, as I'm sure I'll think of more in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|