View Single Post
Old 06.24.2015, 01:59 PM   #46920
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove

I want to be a kind, generous listener, but those YES track titles! Especially side two. Gonna have to listen to this ironically at first.

it's like i said-- lyrics ruin music!

although joss whedon took the name of his company from a yes song ("mutant enemy", buried in the lyrics of... "and you and i," i think--but i digress).

anyway-- in those early records mentioned, listen for the BASS & the DRUMS. they're *very* intelligently played, and as they got older they got better. later on steve howe & rick wakeman came along & yes achieved full ripeness--every instrument is great and virtuosic and just fucking mind blowing. after bruford left, bloat more or less ensued-- not blaming the new drummer. wakeman left in protest. but even their bloated stuff has its enormously strong points, especially if you hear it less as "rock" and more like "space ambient" or something (talking about topographic now, ha ha ha). no, seriously, these guys were crazy good, even if you can't dance to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
This is also one of my favourites along with Yes Album & Fragile. As you said, I think this is really much underrated. Have you got also this:http://www.discogs.com/Yes-Something.../master/236968
There are great versions from both first yes albums songs, also great cover songs like something coming. Also really interest piece For Everyone, that is kind of preversion of Starship trooper.

I think Bill is greatest drummer in the world. Alan is nothing comparing to him.

i didn't know about this record!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|