View Single Post
Old 11.27.2012, 02:10 PM   #8
radarmaker
the end of the ugly

radarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's asses
when considering the crowd/press reaction, it's worth bearing in mind that they had only played a handful of UK shows over the prior 6-7 years (just a few nights in London and the odd festival set - last UK tour proper had been '92), so I daresay I was far from alone in seeing them for the first time, despite being a fan since the Washing Machine-era.
Also, it was the first ATP, which had yet to become the established noise/drone fest of today (frigging Snow Patrol were on the bill ferchrissakes!) so there was maybe some expectation of a more typical crowd-pleasing festival set. Instead we got a seemingly never ending improv drone, followed by a bunch of WIP instrumentals, with the closing Sunday being the only familiar track...
I'd love to hear a boot of the whole thing to compare/contrast with my memories of it - I'd doubtless appreciate it all a lot more these days..
radarmaker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|