View Single Post
Old 09.28.2006, 02:08 PM   #11
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Listen to my stuff, www.myspace.com/jsdunnmusic and make suggestions as to how I could get it to sound better.

My mixing technique as well as suggestions of how to record.

I'm going to take these 4 songs and rerecord them and try to mix them so that the drums are clear and very snappy, vocals don't get lost or too high in the mix, guitars sound huge (I like the way on these recordings that in 3/4 of the songs they are like chainsaws in the way that they cut through, but I'd rather have the guitar parts sound really big and really have all the texture in my guitar tones come out instead of having them dominate a small real estate of bandwidth) and the bass just accentuate the lows without dominating too much.

I'm thinking going stereo would be a big help in really giving the mix a lot of breathing room, but since I've got 4 tracks if I wanted to do mono drums and stereo guitar, I will have to do atleast 1 mixdown to get everything in unless I want to use channels 5 and 6 to add live instrumentals during mixdown, which sounds like a pain in the ass to me.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|