View Single Post
Old 07.12.2009, 10:35 PM   #17990
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Jet is more bearable than Three blah blah ablh. I seen 'em once with the Vines....
yeah. they were bearable (for me) because they weren't super serious. two slower songs aside, all their songs were "party! rock 'n' roll! get down!" - whereas three doors down are like, "we are hyper-serious and strictly mid tempo meaningfulcore post-grunge. there is no sonic diversity to our sound, and no remote chance of danceability."and i mean, something good came out of their unoriginality: all their songs sounded like weaker versions of other songs i like. cool vintage keyboard sounds are always a plus.
to be quite honest, they weren't that bad. maybe i'm just starved for live music?

also: unenthusiastic crowds suck. i mean, seeing mediocre bands kinda sucks in the first place, but the suckitude is elevated to a whole new level from standing in the middle of a sea of people just standing there going "bluhhh... no way! is that, like, a band on stage?" i mean, not even some passive bopping? at least a "woo" when the band says "say woo!"? c'mon lansing. way to make me feel like an ass for grooving a little tiny bit. you'd think all the people coming out the beer tent or downing their $7 fruity mixed drinks would be shakin' it little, but ... nope.

also also: there was a DDR machine at the other end of the park, so i got my friend into that tent at the start of three doors down's set. we stayed there, watched them play one song, and left before traffic got bananas. bitchin'!

also also also: when i FINALLY convince people to go to see a band with me, my mom shoots the whole trip down. "i only want adults driving you to detroit." "um, no. WE ARE ADULTS."

LONG POST IS FUCKING LONG. hah.
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|