View Single Post
Old 03.09.2016, 10:47 PM   #4
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
One of the greatest bands of all time. Wrote a longer post and lost it, so this is my exasperated bare-bones summary of what I wrote initially.

Box of Rain - a fairly obvious choice, but the song is just so goddamn perfect. Conplex vocal melodies and harmonies... impossible to do justice to this song while playing solo. I totally get why that chick from Freaks and Geeks came out of her shell and danced around her room when she first heard it. It's just real music, no bullshit. A beautiful thing.

Friend of the Devil (studio version, sorry!)
Eyes of the World
Ripple
Scarlet Begonias
Uncle John's Band
Truckin (gotta love this, don't care who you are)
Unbroken Chain
St. Stephen
Mountains of the Moon
Dark Star

Yep. Amazing band. Saw them live only once, months before Jerry passed. I will always cherish the memory, even though I can't remember much of it at this point.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|