View Single Post
Old 12.19.2009, 05:58 PM   #2234
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Russell's 'A history of Western Philosophy' is a good place to start. I think, in fairness, you can get away with not reading Plato.
I know too many people that like A History of Western Philosophy more than they should. In fact, I don't know too much about them, but Russell fans seem to always remain in that introduction to philosophy stage without getting much further beside Dennett or some other 'plain language' philosophers. The bit on Nietzsche is infuriating.

Plato helped me out with understanding Hegel by providing a frame of reference for understanding transcendental idealist dialectics. You don't really need to read Plato to know that about Plato, though.

And House of Leaves was obnoxious. I was hoping there was going to be some string-thin narrative that would tight-rope walk across all that bizarre formatting but, no, it just kind of dropped the story. Maybe I missed and am just not clever enough to get it but that gives it a selling point I'd rather not allow. It's a skimmer.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|