Thread: Prince
View Single Post
Old 05.16.2006, 06:08 AM   #43
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
i love when fred armisen does him on saturday night live.

i love prince - i dig the older stuff and the "baby baby" type of music, is what i call it - songs like "adore." the first time i saw him the show just sucked. the only hits he played was this one little five-minute medley of all of them, and then he'd let his band do 20-minute jams sessions. i couldn't believe that all his shows would be this bad so i did give him another chance last year on the musicology tour and was glad i did. also thought it was cool that he gave out free musicology albums to anyone who went to that concert to get you into his new stuff. decent album too - doesn't really have the magic of his older ones, but it's listenable. i think he suposedly "retired" his hits for good, though, after that tour, which you can understand him being bored with them, but it's pretentious and annoying. but i guess that's part of why we love him. still, i won't be paying over $60 for a ticket if i can't hear let's go crazy.
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|