View Single Post
Old 03.15.2016, 10:31 PM   #16
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
You really think that's "likely?" As though live dead albums are somehow in short supply? Nah man, there's more live Dead out there than studio Dead by far. And I'm talking about the official stuff, here. Mostnof the band's available official releases are live collections or concerts. It's also not exactly a secret that the Dead are considered a better live band than a studio band.

Yes it is possible and even likely. While for deadheads the bootlegs and live recordings are Manna from Heaven, for casual listeners and people who don't care generally from my experience these are more likely to have heard something from Working Man's Dead or American Beauty than to have ever heard something live and proper. Indeed that was my own story for several YEARS before some deadheads introduced me to the live stuff..

It is funny and ironic how I used to HATE the dead and even TALK SHIT about the dead for YEARS before I had ever heard anything live, and then it was like when Saul fell off his high horse and became Paul, I "saw the Light" and Jerry told me, "Habte Selassie, it hurts you to kick against the goads."

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|