View Single Post
Old 12.07.2016, 11:24 AM   #48319
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
you should listen to White Album instead of Red. At least "Do You Wanna Get High?" - think you'd dig it.

There's something really comforting to me about Weezer tho. Like, even when they change or experiment (which they do do... like on Raditude how they worked w/ Lil Wayne and Jermaine Dupri, etc... ), they still sound like Weezer. And that makes me happy. You ever hear their cover of "Brain Stew"? They turn it into a crazy bombastic piano ballad epic thing. It's awesome. It's on a random EP they did for Record Store Day in 2009.

I remember seeing Weezer before the Green Album came out and it was so so exciting. Like, after Pinkerton it seemed like they would be this mythical band that came and went in a few years and left a legacy of 2 amazing albums. When I saw them "Island In The Sun" was the only new song they played and it was like one of those moments - "OMG! FINALLY THERE"S A NEW WEEZER SONG!"

Modest Mouse was one of the weirdest career implosions in history. All those early records... Lonesome Crowded, Long Drive - you could see the evolution to Moon. But then. Then they just turned into what? Radio pap? So strange.