View Single Post
Old 11.27.2016, 02:23 PM   #48306
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
Method Man - Tical

sometimes I want to rate this album higher than Liquid Swords. it's cold and gritty but warm at the same time. it's got the best RZA production he ever did.

Butthole Surfers - Psychic...Powerless...Another Man's Sac. Cherub is cold evil.

You know, I was just recently thinking about this. Tical is underrated. It was the first Wu solo album, and Meth had the hunger back then. I don't think it's as good as Liquid Swords or Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, but it's definitely a solid, bullshit-free album that deserves to be ranked alongside the classics.

It's certainly better than Return to the 36 Chambers. And back then, Method Man was fully expected to be the group's big breakout star. So a lot of work went into the record, and honestly I believe Tical is where RZA really honed what would become known as his signature style, because that shit was still pretty embryonic on Enter the Wu-Tang.
Severian is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|