View Single Post
Old 07.28.2008, 06:11 PM   #15
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I can entirely sympathise with Albini, in spite of not having put a record out yet. Generally speaking, I'm not happy with anything. It's why I don't have a myspace, or do the last.fm thing. You'll hear an awful lot of shit unsigned bands, and very few bands that are merely 'ok'... and I can only assume that everyone thinks like me, or (you'll like this bit), everyone's capable of thinking like me but falls short.

There's too much music, and too many people recording shit in their bedrooms for no ostensible reason. Having said that, I listened to Canterkerous' stuff recently, and the fact she seems reticent to push it makes me think that, not only can she produce some worthwhile stuff, she's also got the right attitude (i.e., modesty before foisting it on even this small corner of the interworld).

You either don't really listen to enough music to claim things like that or you're just bored with it and can't find a way out. I read a lot of similar sentiments like yours on here enough to make me think that sort of thing.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|