View Single Post
Old 01.05.2018, 12:51 AM   #21967
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
WHO’S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF?

i’ve never seen this as a play but this is the third time i see this movie and it keeps getting better on rewatch.

the cinematography and editing on this were fantastic. not in the oh-so-spectacular shit one usually waxes about, but the almost invisible fabric of visual choices here were done in the service of drama, not the cinematography itself. it’s just fucking brilliant! it has many of the best closeups ever. the cuts— what cuts! the precision. just.... jeezus f. ape. what a great movie— as a movie. i mean, it’s filmed theatre, but a completely different level.

i still can’t make exactly what the play is about, not completely, having skipped most criticism and commentary almost on purpose, but every rewatch shows a new great facet of this thing and the creatures that live in it.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|