View Single Post
Old 07.27.2015, 04:48 PM   #18857
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
but im still asking (in earnest, not to shoot it down) what you meant by profound. i don't know what you mean in this context. going by googable dictionary it's either intense or insightful. you mean ford had a greater insight into the questions his films asked? or into his characters? or do you mean it has more intense emotions?

Well I'd say it offers profound insight into the character of a man faced with having to decide between doing what he feels is right, for him, and what he believes is right, for society. It's unusual for a Western in that its notion of heroism is tied to one of personal compromise, although it's a theme that to a greater or lesser degree runs through all of Ford's Westerns. Peckinpah seems more clear-cut and dare I say conventional in comparison.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|