View Single Post
Old 05.10.2009, 06:33 PM   #4318
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, they're pretty interesting. It's this label/collective of (mostly white) avant-garde-kind-of-hip-hop artists, who often inhabit some sort of weird unclassifiable space between hip-hop, folk, drone and rock, among other things. Also, they come out with lyrics like:

there's something to the fading of faith.
my whole childhood was the broken guitar
and my sister's silly yellow blanket.
now i carry slender and sexy curved sledge hammers
to break the bricks i bought.
i should have never went to college,
but took a trip to costa rica to cut rainforests to choke myself.

...which definitely isn't your "typical" rap writing. Worth looking into anyway. "cLOUDDEAD" is probably the "classic" project from them, but there's tons of wildly different stuff released under the Anticon banner.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|