View Single Post
Old 04.10.2013, 07:36 PM   #45215
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Honestly, though: I expected them to travel a path more similar to that of the Flaming Lips by turning their noise into sharp melody, and and going going for a more dreamy, epic sound. Instead, I can't quite think of a band whose career predicted theirs. They're famous for weirdness, but they're getting less so all the time. Still, the fact that they're doing so with class makes this seem less like a noise band going pop, and more like a great noisy pop band doing what great noisy pop bands do.

I'd still like to hear them take a darker turn some day, and show us the real follow-up to Cryptograms, but I'm pretty sure I know what I'll be listening to for the next few weeks. Then, I'll buy the thing.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|