View Single Post
Old 12.07.2006, 09:28 PM   #16
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
i'm not in disbelief i'm in a band because i'm a girl - it's just something i didn't think i could do. it sounds a lot harder than it is. i learned that it wasn't all that hard through the camp. there were people there who had never picked up a guitar in their life and played a show on stage. that was the cool part.
it was a nice way for girls to strip down their natural competitiveness and work together instead of against each other.

i shave my legs. i let boys pick up heavy stuff for me. i don't feel like i'm treated like a lesser person in general because i'm a girl. but at the guitar store i went into (guitar center on 14th street in manhattan), i got the distinct impression that the reason i was being ignored was because they looked at me and assumed i couldn't play because i'm a girl. they did see me there, obviously interested, and chose to ignore me. it's not that way at all guitar stores i've been in, but that was the impression i got at this particular one, and i'd never actually had an impression like that before. it shocked me. maybe i shouldn't have made it a generalization that it's like that for everyone, but it was definitely like that for me.

and i'm really shocked by all the negativity in this thread about something that is really a positive thing for girls - the fact that it's "for girls" and bothers people so much might be a testament to what you're railing against.
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|