View Single Post
Old 12.07.2006, 08:08 PM   #13
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
hey all you haters. i've never been one to be called a feminist, but if you're a girl and you walk into a big guitar store, you will soon find out that the people who work there pay you a whole lot less attention and certainly give you a lot less respect.

and i did a ladies rock camp this summer, which was a fundraiser for the girls rock camp, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. a lot of times you just need to do something like that to see kind of how easy it is to write a song, because the whole process just sounds intimidating. our camp was one weekend - met on a friday, wrote a song on saturday, played a concert on sunday, and it totally ruled. i met a drummer there who is in my band now, which i never would have had the guts to start if i hadn't gone to that camp. the empowerment thing isn't about "i can't believe i'm a girl and i'm doing this - i rock," it's just more of the doing something for yourself aspect that's empowering. i only started playing bass in march and i actually have a band now. i'm still in disbelief.

here's the article in the ny metro about my camp weekend this past summer.
http://ny.metro.us/metro/local/artic...rock/3705.html

i'll continue to support the girls rock thing because it's something i wish would have been around when i was little, because i can't do a damn thing with the gymnastics i learned.
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|