Thread: Mix Tapes
View Single Post
Old 08.09.2006, 07:55 AM   #349
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
I'm completely stumped by the next track. Lots of distortion/fuzz from the guitar. Sounds English. No idea again. The kind of thing I wouldn't have liked at the time (1990 ish?) but sounds good to my older, more open-minded ears. Loving it in fact.

Loop, I think. Head On from their first single. Or it may have been someone else, but I don't want to say who because that would spoil something a bit later.

Quote:
Then somebody doing CCR's It Came Out Of The Sky. I love this song and this is a good version. I'd say The Gun Club but that's definitely not Jeffrey Lee Pierce singing and I suppose it's too raw for GC. I want to hear more of this band definitely. Great guitar and I love his voice.

Welcome to The Scientists. I first heard this on Peelie in about 1985. He played the CCR version immediately followed by this. It stuck in my mind.

Quote:
Hey, Pere Ubu! I Can't Believe It, but I don't know this version. I've only ever heard the live version from 1976 on The Shape of Things. David Thomas is one of my all-time music heroes. Pere Ubu's first 2 albums are amongst my favourite, and their last one was really good. They've got a new one out soon as well. I would have loved to see David Thomas and Two Pale Boys in Shockheaded Peter.

I don't need to say anything here do I? Which is good because I can't remember the title of the album it's on. I saw Thomas and Two Pale Boys when there was a "ten years of meltdown" concert at the RFH with short sets by a number of the people who had curated meltdown or one of the mini-meltdowns. It was very good.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|