View Single Post
Old 03.27.2013, 07:43 PM   #26
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I've seen Arcade Fire a few times, and I have to agree that there is something urgent and and powerful about them, but I wouldn't go so far as to compare them to SY. Anyway, I don't hate them either. I think their songs lack originality, but somehow manage to be solid and memorable at the same time.

Neon Bible feels a bit like all those other attempts to make Bruce Springsteen relevant to indie fans (not one of my favorite trends), but had its moments.

Why are we talking about Arcade Fire again? Oh yeah, Genteel's ingenious dig... Well, fuck that. I don't fucking care. My vote is still for a Sonic Youth white album. With guest unlisted guest appearances... Maybe from some unsung percussionist, or a female guest vocalist (Not Bjork)

Or maybe that's just not Sonic Youth's style. In which case I'd like to hear them crank out as many lofi jams as possible, over two discs, and spend about 3 hours recording the thing. In a basement. So, basically, I want as many songs as possible, with no real direction or big picture, cranked out quickly with a shitload of extended instrumental jam sessions, breaking the tension of the 2.5 hours of sonic assault. Like some Robert Pollard/Grateful Dead/Minor Threat mix tape.
Songs ranging from :30 to 30:00.
A few standard tuning acoustic tributes a la "personality crisis"
At least one song featuring turntables.
At least one song featuring brass, or strings.
All pumped out on an overload tape deck.
Maybe 60 songs? I don't know.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|