View Single Post
Old 08.25.2009, 09:56 PM   #15
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
Favorite record of all time. Pretty much perfect to me. Completely changed my life. Good post NR; You nailed Slanted perfectly on why it is such a masterpiece

Every song is defined by it's noisey, sloppy yet beautiful playing; Extremely "clever" lyrics without ever being "I am so much smarter than you"; a sense of playfulness (Extremely free form);It's amazing- almost "backwards" arrangements.... Every song is completely different yet all connected at the same time. Fantastic. If you listened to it you know exactly what I mean.

The two disc Luxe and Reduxe set is perfect, THE example of how you celebrate a record. Combined with the fact Watery Domestic is one of the best EPs ever (The outtakes are better than most songs period, that alone speaks wonders), and a live show to show how they were juggernauts, extremely well-written liner notes getting SM's and Spiral's thoughts and others explaining why the record is so important, everything! And it's only $16 at Best Buy!

Pavement in 1992/93 were just unstoppable. They did no wrong.

~Jeremy~

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|