View Single Post
Old 06.05.2014, 01:41 AM   #152
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Yes, I agree, I think Lorde killed it. She sounded like Rocky Balboa.

Also, every time I hear Dave Grohl play the fucking drums I continue to think to myself, "Why the FUCK did this guy was so many years with the Foo Fighters?" Sure, his song writing wasn't bad, even had some good ones sprinkled in there, BUT, his drum work? It is one of a kind, all time great kind of shit. Even what he drummed in Them Crooked Vultures is disgustingly good. He has the perfect balance of speed, attack, and yet an almost delicate precision. When he crashes into the symbols, it sounds almost more like jazz than punk or metal. His rolls are tight yet fluid. His timing is as perfect as a metronome. Man what I could do with a drummer like that... A message to Dave Grohl, you should play the drums more.

AND TO BE SURE, KIM GORDON WAS PROBABLY MORE PUNK THAN I'VE EVER SEEN HER IN 30 YEARS OF HER MUSIC. SHIT. She was feeling it, and clearly missed Kurt so she channeled it. Notice the members of the crowd who were quasi-headbanging to teen spirit we bewildered, almost mystified. They didn't know what to do. Yet, THAT WAS FUCKING NIRVANA right there. THAT was a Kurt throwing his guitar at the PA moment. Brilliant. Only Kim could have done that, she was a real part of that Nirvana group, the others were just paying homage.

yea about grohl. and about kim too. that shit was on point on so many levels. i wish i had seen that secret gig they did. she also sang negative creep which probably was perfect too. j from dino played guitar and sang some songs too
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|