View Single Post
Old 07.31.2013, 01:19 PM   #17276
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I've only seen Royal Tenenbaums which just completely left me cold. I didn't hate it, just, as you say, didn't get it.

You mean the character who gets paid a fortune to travel the world, stay in luxury hotels and has a fling with Scarlett Johansson? My heart bleeds.

Dude, maybe we didn't watch the same movie, because you're describing George Clooney's Up in the Air more so Lost In Translation. Bob (Bill Murray's character) came across as shattered and defeated like the dude in American Beauty. He seemed somber, bored, regretful. His fling seemed both exciting and yet depressing, because it points to how ephemeral our human relationships can be. They can fill us up with joy, but this is temporal.

As to Moonrise Kingdom, I'm more in love with upon reflection. Its like, all the childish absurdities and biting dead-panning in Wes Anderson movies suddenly make so much more sense when acted through middle-school aged actors!! I hope he continues to make these kinds of movies, I dare say it will work better than any Wilson brother ever could! Whenever I watch his movies, like Tennenbaums or Darjeeling Limited the characters come across as blatantly childish in their behavior, and the trademark dead-panning only seems to solidify this effect. When you see this same kind of acting and writing but played through kids, suddenly it seems so much more apt.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|