View Single Post
Old 04.02.2019, 07:38 AM   #7
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I’m actually not a huge Nipsey Hussle fan. I have a couple of albums he contributed to, like that great project “We The Plug” in 2014 (which I hyped here on this forum, btw) and a few other collaborative things... but I felt that his breakthrough 2018 release, “Victory Lap,” was a bit too, ah, basic for all the recognition it got. (Also his flow on that thing reminds me of Drake on “Tuscan Leather” — “Ima end every line with n***a, n***a/Ima do it in the next song too, n***a — and I hate Drake, especially “Tuscan Leather.”

But even as an appreciator and not a fan, I’m sad that the man died. Sad that rappers are still being gunned down in 2019 like we didn’t learn shit from the ‘90s. Sad that the man was just starting to take off commercially, and this shit had to happen.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|