View Single Post
Old 04.18.2010, 03:51 AM   #33
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
@ pbradley: I think now that the NWOAHM and metalcore have pretty much supplanted nu metal, we can now step back and look at the style more objectively. Love it or hate it, it cannot be denied that the style and its overall vibe wasn't seen before and hasn't really been seen since. I mean, throwing together Pantera, NWA, Mr. Bungle, the Cure, My Bloody Valentine, Helmet, and Public Enemy, and then throwing on body paint or track gear? It should sound like a mess, but some bands did find a way to make it work.
That's all well and good but I'm wondering why you are responding to me. I was hoping that my posts weren't taken as condescending because that certainly wasn't my intent. While I'm mostly indifferent to scene, I don't doubt that it existed legitimately in its time and place nor that there existed some genuinely compelling qualities in the music.

I don't think SYG is the right place for trying to save nu-metal, though.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|