View Single Post
Old 04.18.2010, 02:22 AM   #32
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Haha, Mr. Bungle, that's so funny you mentioned that, I remember when KoRn started out, they said Bungle was one of their big influences. Weird!

And Duran Duran, which I never was really able to hear all that much.

Korn could have been the next Faith No More, but instead they went to shit with all of that "we're going back to our roots" stuff. Biggest mistake any band could ever make. Art, to me, is always about whats going on here and now. Heaven forbid I go back and attempt redoing whatever it was I was doing artistically four years ago. I'm not that person anymore...why try and be? Maybe they just realize half of their one-time fan base takes them as a big joke these days. Trying to redo something to regain their favor is just a terrible idea. For fuck's sake, they aren't poor anymore. They certainly don't deal with issues finding women. Why pretend?

I remember enjoying the first Korn album when it came out. There was something very unique about it. Was nice to hear something that didn't sound so easily lumped into that god-forsaken "post-grunge-alternative" garbage. That second album (Life is Peachy) wasn't too bad, either. But eventually they just lost it.

I almost never listen to any of that stuff anymore. Just feels too nostalgic (in a bad way). And even more, Jon's lyrics do virtually nothing for me now that I'm quickly approaching my 30's. It's like, "come on dude life can't suck that bad".

"My life sucks because I have absolutely everything anyone could ever ask for. A beautiful girl, a successful career, nice cars, any and all musical equipment I could ever use at my disposal". < In other words, I don't want to listen to this guy talk about how terrible shit is.

Maybe I'm the one being silly.

I can see why others may still dig Korn. Especially younger people looking for very accessible aggressive tunes to relate their frustrations with. They just don't happen to do much for me these days.
ann ashtray is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|